For I know the plans I have for you ,declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.

Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, June 15, 2007

I am getting old!!

Since spring when the weather got really nice, my husband has been spending a lot of time on our porch.

Once I realized it was not just a passing phase, I decided I would enjoy the porch too if it was "spruced" it up a bit.I did a mini porch makeover by sweeping, planting flowers in pots and a nice hanging basket of flowers and lastly a very attractive bird feeder.

I hear birds all around our house, but after about 3 weeks I had yet to see a bird anywhere near our porch. I was convinced that the birds had something against our porch, feeder or seed.

But... this morning, I was sitting on the couch eating breakfast and our dog Tippy was sitting staring out the sliding glass door that leads to the porch, and he suddenly became excited.
I assumed it must be the pesky squirrel who is still trying to figure out how to get to the bird feeder, but I got up to see what he was so excited about. It was the prettiest little yellow bird at our feeder. YEAH!!! Finally a bird I was so excited. I was talking to the dog and he was looking at me like I was crazy which is probably accurate by most peoples standards. Needless to say this little bird made my day.

So.... I must be getting old if all it takes is a bird at the feeder to make my day!

1 comment:

BP said...

Congratulations on the bird sighting and btw your blog looks great.